Bella events are for dues current members of the Bend Bella Cyclists. To become a member, please join HERE.
Our Ride Coordinator, Audrey Murray, can help you map out rides and/or suggest routes of your preferred length and level of difficulty. You can contact her at [email protected].
- This event has passed.
Advanced Beginner Bella/Fella MTB Ride at Maston
November 3 @ 11:15 am - 1:15 pm
This will be an Advanced Beginner Bella/Fella ride with about 13-15 miles of riding at an easier pace with stops along the way to enjoy the scenery and each other’s company. There are just a few technical spots, that are totally walkable. I will let you know when one is coming up.
PLUS ONE GUEST is for your “Fella”. My husband Mark is coming and will sweep. Hence the “Bella/Fella”.
Arrive at the parking lot off Newcomb Road at 11:15, at the main trailhead. Ride route details and introductions will start when everyone is ready. We will “roll” about 11:30.
Dress warm, and in layers. The high for Friday should be about 60.
Afterwards we will stop at The Bite food carts for a late lunch on the way home. (Of course Mark & Bonnie will first stop at Tumalo Coffee House first for caffeine, then head over to The Bite 🙂 !
- Make sure this is an appropriate ride for you.
- If you cannot make the ride, please cancel and give and much notice as possible so someone else may be able to take your spot.
- Provide your cell phone number and an emergency contact (name and phone number) to the ride leader.
- Bella rides are ‘no drop’. The plan will be to ride as a group and to not lose anyone, but you should be prepared to navigate on your own if necessary. I can provide maps (old-fashioned paper maps!)
- Arrive at 11:30, roll at about 11:45 after introductions, etc.
- Helmets are required on all rides.
- Bring plenty of water and a snack.
- Bring a tire pump, tools, and a spare tube.
- Bring a small first aid kit.
- Carry some cash and some identification. Also bring your health insurance info.
- Make sure your bike is in good working order before you show up for the ride.
- Ride safely and follow the etiquette rules.
- Be courteous and kind to your fellow riders.
- No headphones, no phone calls, no music, etc..
- Respect your fellow riders time and agency by not holding up the group by stopping too frequently for pictures, texting, extra wardrobe changes, etc.
- Be supportive of others. If you see someone who is having trouble, offer help or notify the leader/sweeper.